Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
As published in Raley's Something Extra magazine.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 lbs london broil beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cups Guinness stout
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup steak sauce, your choice
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into 6 pieces
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add London broil and cook until well browned on all sides. Add mushrooms, Guinness, broth, steak sauce, onion and mustard. Cook, covered, over low heat for 1 hour. Crack lid and cook for 1 hour more. Stir in celery. Preheat oven to 400°F Spoon beef mixture into 6 oven-safe bowls. Top each with a square of puff pastry, stretching to cover top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.