Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 -12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 onions (your favorite)
- 4 garlic cloves
- fresh ground black pepper
- rosemary, fresh
- 2 lemons
- oil (for rubbing)
- Preheat over to 350*. Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray;.
- Slice onions 1/4 in thick and arrange them on the bottom of the pan. Dice garlic; set aside. Remove chicken from package and rise with cold water.Rub chicken with a little bit of oil (size of a dime, or a nickel) and.
- place chicken in prepared pan and sprinkle with diced garlic and all seasonings (if using fresh rosemary, lay it on top of chicken). Slice lemons in half and squirt juice from the lemons and drop rind in the pan.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with hot rolls, and steamed broccoli.
This is a great recipe! Very easy with great flavor (even though I left out the rosemary) and the onions were tasty too! I used the juice of one of the lemons and sliced two others to top the chicken. The leftovers will make great chicken salad! I was super impressed with how moist the chicken was--I roasted 6 breasts over 2 sliced vidalia onions for 40 minutes and then turned the oven off and had to take time out before dinner to help my kids. The pan sat in the oven for quite a while, then on the stovetop, and then I reheated the chicken--and it was still moist! Definitely a keeper!!!
Love this chicken recipe! The chicken was so moist. I added a bit of Franks hot sauce with the lemon juice.
This is a great chicken recipe. I think this would be good with other herbs as well. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 08.