This recipe is from Cooking Light. I make it every year for the holidays, plus extra to freeze for serving later with roasted chicken. I've given the directions as in the original recipe; however, to save time I let the apricots stand about 30 minutes rather than 8 hours. I just throw it all in the pot and cook, then refrigerate the sauce overnight. I like it because it's not too sweet and since my children love to eat it, I use orange juice rather than sherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine apricots and sherry (or orange juice) in a small bowl; cover and let stand 8 hours.
- 2Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 3Add apricot mixture, honey and cranberries.
- 4Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until slightly thick.
- 5Spoon mixture into a bowl; cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spirited Cranberry Apricot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (929 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 89.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g