Recipe by Myralein
This recipe was created using Knorr's Vegetable Recipe Mix and is very low fat. Do not top the enchiladas with the sour cream sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese until ready to serve, as sour cream can curdle when over-cooked.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced (white part and some green)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (neufchatel is okay)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled mexican Cotija cheese or 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, split into 1/2 cup portions
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 cup favorite salsa
- 8 fajita size flour tortillas
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spinach in 2 cups of water with the soup mix for 20 minutes.
- Drain spinach and let cool.
- Saute mushrooms, scallions and garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat in a large skillet.
- Using paper towels, squeeze all the moisture from the spinach.
- Heat the oven broiler.
- Blend together the spinach, mushrooms, garlic, scallions, cream cheese, cojita or feta, salt, pepper, Tabasco, and 1/2 cup of the Mexican cheese blend in the skillet and heat it on low.
- Pour the salsa on the bottom of a 9x12 rectangular glass or aluminum pan and spread it around.
- Using another skillet, heat the tortillas until soft, then spread 1/3 cup of the spinach mixture in the center of a warm tortilla, roll it up, and place it seam side down in the pan.
- Repeat process until all the tortillas are rolled.
- Mix the milk with the sour cream and chiles and spread it over the enchiladas.
- Top the enchiladas with the rest of the cheese, and sprinkle on some chile powder.
- Place pan under the broiler, leaving the oven door open.
- When the cheese is melted, remove the pan.
- Serve on plates immediately.