Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Creamy and delicious vegertarian dish. Very easy to assemble. Great with a salad.
Make and share this Spinach Stuffed Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope white sauce mix
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare white sauce according to package directions, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzerella, egg white, basil, garlic powder, pepper, and half of the spinach. (save remaining for another use).
- Pour half of the white sauce into a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Drain pasta, and rinse in cold water, stuff each shell with 2 tablespoons of the spinach mixture.
- Arrange over sauce, and top with remaining white sauce.
- Cover, and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Made exactly as described, except that I used all the spinach :) I couldn't get very large shells, so used a few extra of the ones that I did find. Loved this, thank you, a delicious easily prepared pasta dish, just a little bit different :) Made for PRMR tag game