Artichoke, Spinach & Feta Stuffed Shells
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the December 2006 Cooking Light. Sounds awesome and I didn't want to lose track of it. I hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 28 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded, divided
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 large pasta shells, cooked
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Place over medium heat; cook 12 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Combine 1/2 c provolone and the next 6 ingredients (through the garlic) in a medium bowl.
- Spoon or pipe about 1 1/2 Tablespoons cheese mixture in each pasta shell.
- Place stuffed shells in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon tomato mixture over shells; sprinkle with remaining provolone.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh boy, is this wonderful! Made a couple of minor changes -- some intentional, others not. Had to use regular crushed tomatoes rather than fire-roasted, as our supermarket doesn't carry them; similarly had to use canned artichokes rather than frozen. On the other hand, added a little olive oil to the filling to make it easier to work with, and lastly, sprinkled a little grated Parmesan cheese on top along with the provolone. What a fabulous combination of flavors and textures; will definitely make this again!Reply