Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Saw this on Everyday Italian and went out and got the ingredients right away because i saw it and was craving it. My boyfriend loves this too, he ate almost the whole batch of salad by himself. This recipe makes ALOT of dressing so you can probably use just half of what the recipe calls for or save the dressing to use on another batch of salad.
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 2 small oranges, juice of or 1 large orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 -12 ounces pre-washed spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the prosciutto slices on a baking sheet and bake until just crisp, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Crumble the prosciutto slices into a container and store in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until combined. Transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator.
- To serve, put the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with enough of the vinaigrette to coat the spinach. Sprinkle with the crisp prosciutto crumbles, toss again, and serve.
Excellent vinaigrette!! I loved this salad and will definitely make it often. I mixed some spinach with some iceberg mix. The prosciutto really popped this over the top. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
This was such a wonderful salad. First, I love spinach and it went quite well in this salad. And the orange vinaigrette was a great pairing with this salad. My local deli didn't have any prosciutto, so I just used up some of our breakfast ham and sprinkled it on top. But this is a salad I could enjoy every single day. Thanks for sharing your recipe, bunny_rabbit. Made for Fall 2011 Pick-A-Chef.
I love citrus flavored dressings!!! I had to make one change and that was to use iceburg lettuce, as my DS got sick once on spinach and now won't eat it. To me this is very basic and few ingredients, but so full of flavor and right on for making the prosciutto crispy. To me, I could see adding other veggies such as carrots, celery, cheese and some green onion. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Pick A Chef Event.