Recipe by bunny_rabbit
Saw this on Everyday Italian and went out and got the ingredients right away because i saw it and was craving it. My boyfriend loves this too, he ate almost the whole batch of salad by himself. This recipe makes ALOT of dressing so you can probably use just half of what the recipe calls for or save the dressing to use on another batch of salad.
Top Review by CJAY
Excellent vinaigrette!! I loved this salad and will definitely make it often. I mixed some spinach with some iceberg mix. The prosciutto really popped this over the top. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 2 small oranges, juice of or 1 large orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 -12 ounces pre-washed spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the prosciutto slices on a baking sheet and bake until just crisp, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Crumble the prosciutto slices into a container and store in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until combined. Transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator.
- To serve, put the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with enough of the vinaigrette to coat the spinach. Sprinkle with the crisp prosciutto crumbles, toss again, and serve.