Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light vinaigrette is great on any salad but shines its best on a bed of young spinach leaves, red onion, freshly fried bacon, crumbled boiled egg, and grated Monterrey Jack cheese.
- 3 tablespoons salad vinegar (I use Heinz.)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄16 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄16 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- Whisk together first six ingredients.
- Whisk in the oil until dressing is well blended and emulsified.
- Of the seasonings, I only measure the onion powder. Otherwise, I season to taste. Store in tightly covered jar. Shake well before serving.
Great recipe! I will cut the sugar back just a bit the next time I make it. A nice sweet dressing. Made for Spring PAC 2011.