Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Short-cut lasagna, using ravioli. Adapted from a recipe in Dash magazine. I used Costco's Pasta Prima frozen organic spinach and mozzarella, but other flavors would be good too. Use frozen, not thawed,
- 1.5 (26 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1 (56 ounce) package ravioli
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread thin layer of sauce in 9 x 13 pan.
- Add half the ravioli in a single layer, half the spinach, half the marinara, and half the mozzarella.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Cover pan with foil, Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more, until cheese is melted and pasta is cooked.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
My non-vegetable eating husband LOVED this!! It's simple. It's delicious! It's a great meal to freeze for later!
We made this recipe with modifications -- but it was still a winner. As I did not have any ravioli I used a package of macaroni, cooked and instead of the mozzarella I used 8 ounces or so of shredded cheese (Mexican - mixed types of cheese), but otherwise followed the directions a written. This dish was very good -- my family cleaned the casserole -- and I think using the ravioli would have made it that much better. Thanks for sharing!