Recipe by WildLightning
Excellent side dish, or as a substitute for pasta under marinara sauce. I love these so much, and so does my son. We have them at least once a week. I frequently substitute other vegetables....shredded carrots, zucchini, broccoli, etc. I also sometimes just put the whole batch in the frying pan, and when it comes time to flip, I will cut it into quarters with my spatula and flip each section individually.
- 2 cups chopped spinach (or any other very finely chopped vegetable)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- butter or canola oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop vegetables, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, with the flour going in last.
- Mix to combine.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place desired amount in pan for each pancake.
- Cook each side until golden brown -- time will vary based on size of pancake.
- Serve hot from the skillet!