Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish is appealing to all. I got this from my sister last Christmas who made a double batch and was a huge hit at the buffet table.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped frozen spinach
- 4 ounces medium egg noodles (3 cups)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Cook frozen spinach according to package directions; drain well on paper towels.
- Cook noodles in a large amount of boiling salted water till tender, about 10 minutes; drain well.
- In skillet, brown ground beef; drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt, pepper, and the cooked noodles.
- Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, milk and finely chopped onion.
- In a 2-quart casserole layer half of the ground beef noodle mixture, half of the cream cheese mixture, all of the spinach and then the remaining beef-noodle mixture.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees til bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- Uncover, spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered until cheese melts, about 10 minutes longer.
I made this recipe for a party. I didn't add the ground beef because there were vegetarians at the party. I made 2 trays and they were gone before I could even taste it! I am told it was awesome. It was simple to make and I plan on using the recipe again.
My family is tired of the same old menus - eating in or out. So I found 'zaar. This was the first dish I made. It was wonderful. My husband and I loved it! Definitely will make again.
This was excellent. It has become a family favorite. Thank you