1 hr 15 mins
Judith Fraser's Note:
This dish is appealing to all. I got this from my sister last Christmas who made a double batch and was a huge hit at the buffet table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen spinach
- 4 ounces medium egg noodles (3 cups)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1Cook frozen spinach according to package directions; drain well on paper towels.
- 2Cook noodles in a large amount of boiling salted water till tender, about 10 minutes; drain well.
- 3In skillet, brown ground beef; drain off fat.
- 4Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt, pepper, and the cooked noodles.
- 5Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, milk and finely chopped onion.
- 6In a 2-quart casserole layer half of the ground beef noodle mixture, half of the cream cheese mixture, all of the spinach and then the remaining beef-noodle mixture.
- 7Bake covered at 350 degrees til bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- 8Uncover, spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- 9Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered until cheese melts, about 10 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.9
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 856.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 23.0 g