Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A nice combination of spinach and watercress and the oranges add a citrus taste to the salad.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
This is delicious! I skipped the ice cube step and just went to adding everything into the bowl. The recipe doesn't state when to add the orange zest so I mixed it in with the dressing. Yummy :)
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 ounces fresh watercress
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (or more)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach and watercress and remove tough stems and discard.
- Add spinach and watercress to a bowl and add 2 trays of ice cubes.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for about 1/2 hour.
- When chilled, discard ice cubes, drain.
- Tear spinach into smaller bite size pieces.
- Add spinach and watercress to a large bowl.
- Finely grate zest from one orange.
- Remove skins from both oranges and discard.
- Slice oranges thinly across the grain and cut in half.
- Remove and discard any seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, raspberry vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt and black pepper until incorporated.
- Pour dressing mixture over spinach and watercress; toss well to coat.