Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to eat your veggies! This recipe makes and impressive meal to serve to guests. This recipe was created for RSC 6.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (300 g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 portabella mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons instant powdered milk, disolved in
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook lasagna noodles.
- Cook onions in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine spinach, onions, mozzarella cheese, sour cream and egg, garlic, basil and mushroom and mix well.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Stir in flour, bouillon, and stir in milk/water, cream,salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Over medium heat, stir until mixture thickens then remove from heat.
- Lay out 1 noodle at a time and spread 1/4 cup spinach mix over each noodle.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Spread small amount sauce on bottom of an 8 x 8 baking pan Place rolls in dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over roll ups.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees until sauce bubbles.
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread if desired.
Great recipe. LOVE the sauce! Since we're not real big on cooked spinach, next time I'll probably halve or quarter the amount of spinach and double the mushrooms. 3 out of my family of 4 loved it (the 4th is 5 and being picky this evening).
This was a nice light meal and easy to roll together!! I didn't make the sauce because I had leftover tomato sauce that I wanted to use up. I'm looking forward to testing this with the sauce next time I make it.
This was a yummy recipe and quite simple to prepare. I added a cooked diced chicken breast and eliminated the mushrooms as we are not mushroom fans in our house. I will definately make this recipe again.