Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 3 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the salt, pepper, and cheeses in a medium bowl. Place the pie crust in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Place cheese mixture on the crust.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onions until tender. Mix in the garlic and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Place the spinach over the cheese in the pie shell. Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour over the spinach and top with a bit of extra cheese if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top of the quiche begins to lightly brown.