Mini Swiss Cheese Quiche
photo by kiwiheather
- Ready In:
- 2 prepared pie pastry (enough to cut out 25 2-1/2-inch rounds)
- 2 cups finely shredded swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 3 tablespoons canned pimientos, finely chopped (can use less)
- salt (I use about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 24 mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough, then cut into 24-26 2-1/2-inch rounds (you might get less).
- Press one round into the bottom and sides of each mini muffin tin.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese in the bottom of the crust.
- Top with a few green onions, and then some chopped pimientos.
- In a small bow, whisk together the eggs, half and half cream, salt, cayenne and Parmesan cheese.
- Divide the mixture between each muffin tin to within 1/4 inch from the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 3 minutes then carefully run a knife around the quiches and lift out.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were GREAT! I have made these twice, the 1st time as posted but with cheddar and they were way overdone so the next time I used swiss and I followed suggestions of other reviewers and mixed stuff together then filled pastry AND cut cooking time, they came out perfect! They are VERY tasty and addictive! Thank you for posting
see 3 more reviews