Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spicy pork gravy on oriental noodles
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves (put through press or mince finely)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces dried Asian noodles (wide works best)
- 3 medium scallions, sliced thin
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Combine meat mixture ingredients in small bowl.
- Work together well and let rest while preparing other ingredients.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients except broth until smooth.
- Add broth and whisk well.
- Boil 4 quarts of water.
- Heat 12 inch skillet over high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add peanut oil and swirl.
- Add meat mixture and cook, breaking up into small pieces until pork is well browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add sauce mixture; whisk to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer while noodles are cooking.
- Just before serving stir in sesame oil.
- Drain noodles; divide into individual bowls, top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with scallions and bean sprouts as desired while eating.
I LOVE DanDan noodles. LOVE. I know when it's done right and when it's done wrong. I carefully read through all the different recipies and chose this one, as it seemed the most comprehensive. After carefully following the recipe (well adding a bit more "heat" by doubling the amount of red chilli flakes), the most delicious, spicy, savory dish was devoured in minutes by both myself and my fiance. Servs 3 - 4 ... me thinks not!! Not in this household honey!! Hahaha ;P Bottom line, awesome recipe.
OMG This is good! DH had three helpings and finished the entire dish. I used spicy Bob Evans pork and it was sooooo good. Did add sugar snap peas just because I had them. Will make this one many, many times.
Great! I only used 8 oz. of noodles, but you definitely need 12 oz.