Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very fast, and easy to make. My experimentation on a fast recipe. This recipe is something that I experimented with, and was shocked when I tasted it! My husband loves it! Great for junior chefs, and busy people!
- 2 boneless center cut pork chops
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (or more if you love garlic)
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 cup hot salsa (I use chunky salsa)
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- Chop the onion, and the garlic if you are using fresh garlic and not the jarred minced version.
- In a bowl mix the water, onion, garlic, jam, salsa and salt together until well mixed.
- It's okay to taste it a little bit so that you can see if you need to add more of something, but don't over-do it!
- Next take out the pork.
- Leave the chops whole, but with a knife cut random areas so that the mix's juices that you made will go through the pork.
- In any cooking pot with a lid (that will allow you to put two pork chops into it)- throw the sauce into the pot.
- Place the pork chops also into the pot.
- With a spoon dig up some of the sauce in the pan and put some of it on the top of the pork chops.
- Turn your stove on with a medium to high heat, until the sauce starts to heat up.
- Then lower the heat enough (medium heat), and now cover, and allow to cook well, flipping it over every 8-10 minutes.
- Remember to keep putting the sauce on the sides of the pan on top of the pork every time you flip them over.
- Don't let the sauce burn into the bottom of the pot.
- When done, the sauce should not be too watery.
- Top with the sauce that you made to cook the pork with into a plate.
- Serve with rice!
- My husband loves this quick to make and cook dish!
- Note: If you want to add more pork for more people just increase the salsa and jam.
- And add the rest of the ingredients to your taste.
This was very good. My husband really enjoyed it! I served this with wild rice and boiled red potatos. The extra sauce was delicious on both! I think this would be good made with chicken also...will be trying that next! Thanks!
These were wonderful! I browned them first, used 10 chops from the value pack I'd bought. Then finished them off in the sauce, which I doubled. Served these with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Really tasty, and my toddler liked them too!
This was good. I sliced the meat on both sides and increased the garlic and salsa. The meat wasn't totally permeated. We thought it was good. Thanks so much for posting.