Spicy Sweet Cubed Steak and Onions
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Gives boring cubed steak a little Mexican twist. This recipe is designed for beef round sirloin tip center steaks but works great with cubed steaks, cooking time will be less if using cubed steak.
- Ready In:
- 2 beef round sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- salt, as desired
- pepper, as desired
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Return onions to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and browned bits attached to the bottom of the skillet are dissolved.
- Carve steaks into thin slices and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve with onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION