Recipe by rsarahl
A zesty and colorful salad that makes great use of cranberries. Nice addition to a holiday buffet as it can be prepped in advance, is zesty and unusual and the flavors compliment most every cuisine.
Top Review by fabricinnovations
Wow!!! All I can say is WOW!!! This was so delicious. I made it with the red quinoa. It turned out kind of a purple color. It would have been prettier if I had used the regular quinoa instead. It still tasted great. Since somebody had told me that you should roast quinoa before cooking it I did.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons serrano peppers, seeded,minced
- 1 tablespoon mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, rinse quinoa several times with cold water.
- In a large pot, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil, add the quinoa and simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, combine half of the honey, lemongrass, garlic and peppers in a small bowl.
- Prepare the cranberries by whizzing them in a food processor with the remaining honey and lime juice until the cranberries are mere flecks and the mixture is a beautifully vibrant red.
- When quinoa has cooked, stir in the lemongrass mixture and the cranberry mixture until combined.
- Finally, add the mint, cilantro and red onion to the quinoa and mix thoroughly.
- Set the quinoa salad in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill before serving.