Healthy and Easy Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
This is my version of Campbell's Easy Chicken and Biscuits. It makes great use of leftover chicken, and is a fast and easy meal.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of potato soup or (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
- 4 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits
- Blend soups and milk in large skillet on low heat.
- Add herbs and spices and mix well.
- Add cooked cut up chicken and frozen vegetables.
- Heat to warm vegetables and chicken.
- Put in large ovenproof dish and bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minute.
- Take chicken dish out of oven and stir well.
- Cut up biscuits into fourths and top chicken with biscuts.
- Bake another 15 minute until biscuits are browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Okay, this should be called "healthier" vs. "healthy" (agreed) but I think LEGG meant that using the lower-fat soups and cutting back on the biscuits makes this version better for you than a traditional version. With that said, I will probably skip the biscuits next time and try sprinking a breadcrumb mixture ontop instead next time since the biscuits are sooo not good for diabetics...(try 3 tbsp butter or margarine with 1 cup breadcrumbs). And, for those of us who want an even healthier alternative to the condensed soups (lower fat versions still pack a wallup in fat and sodium), try recipe#18157 as a cream-soup alternative...I wanted to try this as-is the first go-around but plan to try the alternative next time. We actually found it to be tasty but a little on the dry side, so I might be tempted to add more milk or add a bit of chicken broth.Reply
see 14 more