1/7 Photos of Spicy Ground Chicken
I made up this recipe in my diet days when I tried to eat healthy. It is quick, tasty and low fat. You can either serve on top of rice or wrap in a soft tortilla for a great low fat and filling meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken (you can use sliced boneless breasts, but I always use ground, DO NOT use ground chicken in the tube) or 1 lb ground turkey (you can use sliced boneless breasts, but I always use ground, DO NOT use ground chicken in the tube)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 -3 cups chunky salsa (I use hot)
- 4 soft flour tortillas (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1Slice all veggies.
- 2Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray or optional olive oil.
- 3Cook ground chicken until completely done, about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Add onions and garlic to pan and sauté until translucent.
- 6Add zucchini, mushrooms, red and green peppers.
- 7Cover, stirring often until cooked.
- 8Don't drain liquid.
- 9Add cooked ground chicken and salsa to veggies.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Simmer about 10 minutes.
- 12Serve wrapped in a soft flour tortilla or over rice.
- 13DO NOT use ground chicken in the tube as it is dry and ruins the dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ground Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 853.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g