Recipe by Cathy17
I made up this recipe in my diet days when I tried to eat healthy. It is quick, tasty and low fat. You can either serve on top of rice or wrap in a soft tortilla for a great low fat and filling meal.
- 1 lb ground chicken (you can use sliced boneless breasts, but I always use ground, DO NOT use ground chicken in the tube) or 1 lb ground turkey (you can use sliced boneless breasts, but I always use ground, DO NOT use ground chicken in the tube)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 -3 cups chunky salsa (I use hot)
- 4 soft flour tortillas (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice all veggies.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray or optional olive oil.
- Cook ground chicken until completely done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pan and sauté until translucent.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, red and green peppers.
- Cover, stirring often until cooked.
- Don't drain liquid.
- Add cooked ground chicken and salsa to veggies.
- Mix well.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Serve wrapped in a soft flour tortilla or over rice.
- DO NOT use ground chicken in the tube as it is dry and ruins the dish.