A delicious meal of sautéed shrimp served over fettuccine with a rich, creamy white wine sauce. The red chili pepper flakes give this dish a nice bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 118.29 ml butter
- 8-10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1.23 ml lemon pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml basil
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml red chili pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 255.14 g package fettuccine pasta, prepared as directed
- 1In small saucepan, whisk together white wine with juice of 1/2 lemon, lemon pepper, oregano, basil, and thyme. Reduce over medium-low heat down to about 1/2 cup.
- 2In skillet, sauté garlic in 1/2 stick butter for about 4 minutes.
- 3Add red chili pepper flakes to garlic/butter mixture and sauté for about 1 minute.
- 4Add shrimp to skillet, cook until pink, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove shrimp from pan, reserving leftover liquid.
- 6Add liquid from skillet to saucepan, whisking thoroughly, and raise heat to medium.
- 7Add 1/2 stick butter, sliced, to saucepan, continuing to whisk until melted.
- 8In separate ramekin or very small bowl, whisk together corn starch with small amount of half and half until smooth. Add to saucepan, continuing to whisk until entire mixture is smooth and begins to thicken.
- 9Add half and half to saucepan, continuing to whisk until thickened to desired consistency.
- 10Add to fettuccine, tossing until coated.
- 11Serve fettuccine on a plate, topped with sautéed shrimp.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Shrimp With Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.3
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 352.6 mg
- Sodium 463.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: