This recipe is one that is a mixture of many simular recipes I have tried in the past, but none of them impressed me that much. So through many trials and failures I came up with my own combination of ingredients. I think it is quite good! So decided to share this recipe with you to see what you think.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into eight cubes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 28.34 g envelope taco seasoning
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, cooked as directed
- 2 (850.48 g) cans and w brand caribbean black beans
- 198.44 g can diced green chilies
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 63.78 g cansliced olives, drained
- 118.29 ml medium salsa
- 14.79 ml chicken soup base, paste (Smart and Final brand if interested) (optional)
Corn bread cheese topping
- 240.97 g packagesweet cornbread mix (Jiffy brand)
- 118.29 ml grated colby cheese or 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml grated monterey jack cheese
- In a hot skillet add the olive oil and chicken cubes, cook just until no longer pink.
- Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Add all the remaining ingredients with the exception of the corn bread mixture and the cheese.
- Blend together and pour into a greased 9x12 inch casserole dish.
- Mix, but do not bake the corn bread as directed on the package.
- Spread the uncooked cornbread mixture on top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheeses that have been blended together evenly on top of the cornbread mixture.
- Bake in a hot oven at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- You want the cheese and the corn bread to turn a nice light golden brown color.
- If you are a cornbread lover like myself, use two packages of prepared cornbread instead of one.