1/2 Photos of Spicy Chicken and Cornbread - Casserole
Chef #165326's Note:
This recipe is one that is a mixture of many simular recipes I have tried in the past, but none of them impressed me that much. So through many trials and failures I came up with my own combination of ingredients. I think it is quite good! So decided to share this recipe with you to see what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into eight cubes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 28.34 g envelope taco seasoning
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, cooked as directed
- 2 (850.48 g) can s and w brand caribbean black beans
- 198.44 g can diced green chilies
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 63.78 g can sliced olives, drained
- 118.29 ml medium salsa
- 14.79 ml chicken soup base, paste (Smart and Final brand if interested) (optional)
Corn bread cheese topping
- 1In a hot skillet add the olive oil and chicken cubes, cook just until no longer pink.
- 2Stir in the taco seasoning.
- 3Add all the remaining ingredients with the exception of the corn bread mixture and the cheese.
- 4Blend together and pour into a greased 9x12 inch casserole dish.
- 5Mix, but do not bake the corn bread as directed on the package.
- 6Spread the uncooked cornbread mixture on top of the casserole.
- 7Sprinkle the cheeses that have been blended together evenly on top of the cornbread mixture.
- 8Bake in a hot oven at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- 9You want the cheese and the corn bread to turn a nice light golden brown color.
- 10If you are a cornbread lover like myself, use two packages of prepared cornbread instead of one.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken and Cornbread - Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 1067.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g