3 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 55 mins
In this recipe, two British gastronomic classics are rolled into one: the traditional duo of roast beef & Yorkshire pudding. We love this we have had this recipe from way back when - I think we made it the first year I was here (Christmas 2000.)These are great appetizers! Bon Appetit Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs piece beef tenderloin
- 1/4 cup chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons oil, reserved from jars
- 1/4 cup coarse grain mustard
MINI YORKSHIRE PUDINGS
- 1PREPARE BEEF:.
- 2Mix pepper, coriander and allspice in bowl.
- 3Rub 1 teaspoon oil, then spice mixture all over beef; sprinkle with salt.
- 4Place beef on baking sheet; let stand 2 hours at room temperature.
- 5Preheat oven to 425°F
- 6Roast beef until thermometer inserted into center registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 25 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven; let beef stand at least 30 minutes.
- 8MAKE DRESSING:.
- 9Mix sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons reserved oil and mustard in small bowl.
- 10*(Beef and dressing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool beef, cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate dressing. Whisk dressing before using.).
- 11MAKE MINI YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS:.
- 12Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- 13Brush 48 mini muffin cups(each about 1 3/4" diameter)with oil; place muffin pans in hot oven.
- 14Meanwhile, sift flour and salt into large bowl; make well in center of mixture.
- 15Add eggs and 1/2 cup milk to well; stir into flour.
- 16Gradually add 3/4 cup milk and 1/2 cup water, whisking until batter is smooth.
- 17Remove hot muffin pans from oven.
- 18Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup.
- 19Return pans to oven; bake until puddings are puffed and golden brown around edges, about 12 minutes.
- 20COOL PANS IN OVEN.
- 21**(Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover in pans; freeze. Before assembling, uncover and rewarm in 350ºF oven until heated through about 7 mins.)
- 23Thinly slice beef; cut slices into 2 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch strips & roll strips into cylinders.
- 24Using finger, push down center of each pudding, creating hole.
- 25Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon dressing into each.
- 26Push beef cylinder into hole.
- 27Spoon 1/4 teaspoon dressing into center of beef.
- 28Arrange puddings on platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Roast Beef in Mini Yorkshire Puds/Mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard