Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This makes a wonderful meal. I serve it with boiled red potatoes and cabbage.
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket (discard seasoning packet)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon creamed horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place onion in crockpot.
- After rinsing beef place on onion and sprinkle with red pepper.
- After mixing broth and Worcestershire sauce pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8-9 hours or until beef tender.
- Mix sour cream, horseradish and parsley.
- Serve with beef and onion.
This was incredibly easy! I never knew that corned beef could be so easy. I followed the recipe exactly except that I didn't make the horseradish sauce. I put some wasabi in my mashed potatoes instead. It was still fabulous. This is definately a 5 Star Keeper! Thanks Sam!!