Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an old family receipe often prepared after holidays when a ham was served. I always have to have a spoonful while it's cold because I can't wait to have some. It's easy to double. I usually add extra olives...yummy!! Two sandwiches considered a serving. Great with potato chips. Refrigerate mix up to 3-4 days.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green olives
- 1⁄2 lb cubed extra sharp cheddar cheese (1/4-1/2 inch cubes)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 lb cubed ham (1/4-1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first three ingredients in large bowl.
- Add chili sauce and miracle whip and stir.
- Stir in ham and chopped eggs.
- Place mixture in weiner buns.
- Wrap two sandwiches together per sheet of aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Buns need to have a toasted effect.
- Therefore, it is not recommended to use microwave.
I had ham leftover from Christmas so I thought this recipe might be a great way to use some of it up, and boy was it! My husband and I LOVED it! I didn't add olives because I have this thing about the smell green olives give off when they are cooked,but I followed the rest of the recipe and it was so delicious! This will definitely be our day after Christmas dinner from now on! Thanks!