Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Simple to make.
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced in rings
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cooked noodles (optional) or rice (optional)
- Place half of onion, green pepper and celery in slow cooker.
- Cut steak into serving size pieces. Place steak in slow cooker. Add remaining onion, green pepper and celery over steak pieces.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked Rice or Noodles, if desired.
It was good! I added a 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, but resolved the extra liquid issue by adding instant rice near the end of the cooking. It ended up being very much like Spanish rice, which makes sense for the dish.