Spanish Flank Steak
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 lime
- Place steak in large ziploc bag, add vinaigrette. Seal bag, turn to coat and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and preheat to medium high (350-400 degrees F/180-200 degrees C).
- Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.
- In a small bowl combine paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Rub spice mixture on both sides of steak; coat well.
- Grill steak 4-5 minutes per side or until thermometer reads 145 F/65 C degrees for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain, drizzle with lime juice and serve.
Join The Conversation
Just loved this flank steak!!! I made this as written, making my own "Red Wine Vinaigrette" (which I combined 2 different recipes to my liking) and then followed as written with the dry rub ingredients. I agree with TeresaS, don't use just red wine vinegar, that would be way to strong a flavor on it's own (as it appears another reviewer may have done). We had my DS and his girlfriend over for dinner and she stated that this was her favorite of all the marinated flank steaks I have made since their 3-4 year relationship together and having dinners over here!!! We cooked it to about medium and then served it with twice baked potatoes, green beans and garlic bread, yummy!!! Thank so much for sharing the recipe, I am sure we will make this often!! Congrats again on your football pool win!!
OMG! This is so good...the meat came out tender and packed full of flavor...I let it marinade overnight...I used recipe #436904 for my red wine vinaigrette...please don't us red wine vinegar...it's not the same thing...the squeeze of lime really takes it over the top...hubby didn't even ask for steak sauce...I broiled my steak in the oven due to bad weather...thanks for posting it...=)
We had close to two pounds of flank steak and used the same amount of ingredients for the marinade. Put the steak in the refrigerator early in the morning so it would be ready to go for DH to grill for supper. Moist steak with nice fresh flavors from the marinade. Made and reviewed for ZWT 8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.