A flavorful side dish waiting in the freezer. All your favorite flavors of Spanish rice with all the benefits of brown rice! Yum!! While your at it, double the recipe and have two on hand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan bring the broth, rice, onion, garlic and bell peppers to a to a boil.
- 2Add the rest of the spices to the saucepan and stir.
- 3Cover; reduce heat to simmer and cook until rice is fluffy and tender (approximately 45 minutes).
- 4Remove pan from heat and allow the contents to cool.
- 5Place cooked rice mixture into a 1 gallon freezer bag.
- 6Gently squeeze out any air then seal the bag.
- 7Place the filled bag into a 2nd freezer bag and with this printed recipe and seal it.
- 8Thaw and reheat rice in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.8 g