Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A flavorful side dish waiting in the freezer. All your favorite flavors of Spanish rice with all the benefits of brown rice! Yum!! While your at it, double the recipe and have two on hand!
- In a large saucepan bring the broth, rice, onion, garlic and bell peppers to a to a boil.
- Add the rest of the spices to the saucepan and stir.
- Cover; reduce heat to simmer and cook until rice is fluffy and tender (approximately 45 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat and allow the contents to cool.
- Place cooked rice mixture into a 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Gently squeeze out any air then seal the bag.
- Place the filled bag into a 2nd freezer bag and with this printed recipe and seal it.
- Thaw and reheat rice in the microwave.
I needed a rice dish that I could make a few days ahead of time for my DH to take to an ethnic party. It worked great & was very tasty too, thanks for sharing.