Butter Baked Rice (Oamc)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 3 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Measure rice and salt in a bowl and pour on boiling water just to cover. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add rice. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often until most of the butter is absorbed.
- Transfer to a greased 1L casserole dish.
- Combine garlic powder and chicken stock and pour over rice. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Add parsley and fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with almonds and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool completely, label and freeze.
- To serve, thaw overnight and reheat.
- Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
- To save time, double or triple recipe and make 2 or 3 meals at once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation