Creamy Dill Noodles (Oamc)
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5-7 minutes until tender but firm and then drain into a colander.
- Gradually stir milk into flour until no lumps remain.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat until boiling.
- Continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken and then remove from heat.
- Add noodles to mixture and serve.
- To freeze: Let cool and then transfer to freezer container. Label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw completely and then bake until heated through. You may have to add a bit of milk to replace some moisture lost in the freezing process.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a good base recipe to add on to. Easy and CHEAP to make! My kids and I didn't like the recipe when followed exactly. I added chicken. It was VERY bland, no taste. I will use again with the following changes. More salt, to taste for us was much more than a pinch. I am also going to add some garlic and onion and more butter in the base.
Very good, we enjoyed this for Shabbat dinner with some sauted zucchini and onions on the side. The only reason I decided not to give it a full 5 stars is because the sauce tasted a little doughy to us. This is easily fixed by cooking the flour in the butter b4 adding the milk, but the recipe did not say to do so. Next time I will. The milk to flour ratio was perfect for making a nice, not too thick, not too thin sauce. I used skim milk since its all I have on hand and it worked nicely. I also used dried dill, and lots of it since DH loves dill. All in all, very good and enjoyable, and I will be making this again. Thanks for posting.