Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of the most simple recipes to prepare and has a great flavor. Most of the Mexican recipes I post come from my Hispanic half (wife) and have been in her family for many years.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 4 ounces cans tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Brown rice in oil using a 4 quart sauce pan Add chopped onion, minced garlic and cumin.
- Add tomato sauce and chicken broth Bring to a boil-- reduce heat to low-- cover and cook for 15 mins.
I have been trying several rice recipes, trying to satisfy my DS, who loves the rice at restaurants. He gave his enthusiastic approval! The rice is not mushy of starchy, with the grains remaining separate. We loved the flavor. I also loved how easy this was. Thanks so much for sharing, Rick B(2). I'm off to see what other lovely nuggets you've offered our tastebuds!
Esto sabe delicioso. ¡ Me encantó! Gracias.
We just loved this!! So easy to prepare and it tasted great. Served it with some grilled chicken and will definitely be making it again as it was so great!