Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice healthy lo-fat side dish to accompany fish or fowl.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice or 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cook pepper, herbs, onion, garlic in the broth till tender.
- ADD water, rice tomatoes, s-n-p, Tabasco.
- Cover, cook on low heat 20 min.
- or till done.
Unfortunately, this turned out kind of bland for my taste. I will try it again however, and add some tomato sauce and some crushed red pepper, as well as some additional tabasco.