Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 6 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only, about 6 medium leeks)
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (white part only)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 lb spaghettini
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (about 4 ounces) or 1 cup other blue cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add leeks, green onions and shallots; sauté until very tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain well; reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot. Add onion mixture; toss to combine.
- Mix in reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if pasta is dry. Mix in cheese; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl; serve.