Recipe by Tisme
I usualy make my Bolognese the traditional way, but tried this version a few nights ago, and the family just loved it. This is a quick and easy version and I might start making this a little more often now!
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Tisme you are right this is an easy way to make Bolognese. I LOVED it and the ease of which to make it. Products are usually on hand for me so makes it so much easier as well. I followed your directions to a T using a Nero D'Avola (Sicilian wine) of course had to have a wine to drink with dinner so the sauce, DH, and I shared a bottle. I love the flavors. I used the tomatoe paste as opposed to the ketchup. All in all I will make this again as it comes to gether so quickly.n This is a great sauce to have for company as well because it is not the normal pasta sauce and makes the dinner that much more special for friends and family. Served with a romaine salad, crusty garlic bread, and shaved cheese wedges on top.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 420 g condensed spicy tomato soup
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 400 g spaghetti, cooked and drained
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablesppoon of the oil in a large frying pan. Add mince and cook until just lightly browned, drain in colander to remove excess fat.
- Put the remainder (1/2 tablespoon) of the oil in the pan and add onion, bacon and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the drained mince back inot the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until well browned.
- Add the soup, stock, wine, ketchup or paste, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to the boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (if desired).
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with crusty fresh bread or garlic bread.