Crock Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
First try of spag. bol. in my slow cooker and it worked out great. Easily adaptable recipe, like lots of tomatoes, add extra! I didn't use oil to brown the mince as I used a non stick pan, certainly can be used though.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 750 g beef mince
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 (425 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, roasted, skinned and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves
- 3 dried bay leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Peel and chop carrot then use a food processor until very finely diced.
- Brown mince in batches and drain.
- Add carrots, tomato, onion, celery, roast capsicum, garlic, beef stock, oregano, basil, bay leaves, pepper and salt if using to slow cooker.
- Stir to combine Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is yummy, easy to do, but more of a savoury mince rather than a sauce for spaghetti. I personally would add another 2-3 tins of tomatoes, and some tomato paste, maybe a bit more water to get a saucier consistency. The capsicum is lovely, and I added lots of extra basil because we've got a LOT growing in the garden. Could also grate zucchini or other veges and they would hide well in the sauce.