Recipe posted per request for recipes using leftover london broil. This recipe is a great way to use leftovers and whatever vegetables you have on hand. Recipe adapted from Real Simple Magazine (June 2004)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, washed,stemed and torn
- 4 -6 cups grilled or broiled flank steaks, thinly sliced or 4 -6 cups grilled or broiled london broil beef (or any grilled beef or chicken)
- 1 onion, sliced into rings and grilled or fried until golden
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced (summer squash)
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and cut into thin pieces
- 12 -14 cherry tomatoes (half a basket)
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced or chopped,drained
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Combine horseradish, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
- 2In a large salad bowl combine spinach, steak, onion, zucchini, jicama. Toss well.
- 3Shake dressing again and add to salad. Toss.
- 4Add tomatoes, olives and cheese and toss.
- 5Serve immediately or refrigerate before serving.
- 6Toss before serving.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Steak Salad
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 964.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g