Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe posted per request for recipes using leftover london broil. This recipe is a great way to use leftovers and whatever vegetables you have on hand. Recipe adapted from Real Simple Magazine (June 2004)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, washed,stemed and torn
- 4 -6 cups grilled or broiled flank steaks, thinly sliced or 4 -6 cups grilled or broiled london broil beef (or any grilled beef or chicken)
- 1 onion, sliced into rings and grilled or fried until golden
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced (summer squash)
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, peeled and cut into thin pieces
- 12 -14 cherry tomatoes (half a basket)
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced or chopped,drained
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine horseradish, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine spinach, steak, onion, zucchini, jicama. Toss well.
- Shake dressing again and add to salad. Toss.
- Add tomatoes, olives and cheese and toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate before serving.
- Toss before serving.
I like all of the ingredients in this one and was somewhat surprised that as a whole it didn't quite zing. That said, I think there's a lot of potential the dressing was teriffic, always important and it looks quite beautiful. I think perhaps wilting the spinach with the fried onions and warmed up dressing might bring this together a bit better. Ellie - really glad you posted this as it has wonderful possibilities.