Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (poached and shredded or Parmesan Chicken cut up into strips)
- 1 cup frozen corn (cooked in microwave)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 cups lettuce
- salsa (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup drained kidney bean (or your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- ranch dressing (optional)
- Poach chicken then shred.
- Mix cooked corn and chicken in a bowl with taco seasoning mix.
- Divide lettuce, beans, tomato, corn and chicken mixture among two bowls.
- Top with salsa cheese and crushed chips.
- Top with ranch dressing if you please.
- You can multiply this recipe to suit your needs!
YUM! Great salad! The chicken/corn/taco seasoning mix gives this something special! :) I didn't add cheese to mine but DH did to his. I left out the tomatoes and beans. I used "Hint of Lime" tortilla chips to top off mine and DH used fritos. My little guy (18 months) LOVED the chicken mix. I served this with Pioneer Woman's Olive Bread and wow... might've found my favorite spring time meal! Thank you so much for sharing!
I wanted a side dish for southwestern stuffed bell peppers. I omitted the chicken and, instead of taco seasoning, used a southwestern spice. Added salsa to some thousand island (I know but my husband likes thousand island dressing) for the dressing. I also just added everything together in one bowl with the spices and put that over field greens with dressing on the top. Turned out very nice. Thank you. Will try it with chicken next time.
We really really enjoyed this. Very quick and didn't require the oven. I used leftover grilled chicken, which I shredded, and reheated it with the corn. I omitted the salsa and used Southwesern Ranch dressing from Hidden Valley, and topped the salad with crunched up baked Doritos. I'm really looking forward to having this for lunch tomorrow.