Maroulosalata (Lettuce Salad)
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 -3 scallions
- 1 cucumber
- 1⁄2 bunch dill
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Nicely chop your lettuce as described in my complaint above.
- Make sure your lettuce is clean and devoid of any 6-legged creatures a.k.a "insects" that might pass as a piece of oregano.
- You may slice your scallions on a bias if you want to give the salad a gourmet flair.
- Slice your cucumber and pray that the seeds are not to ginormous. If they are, save this cucumber for tzatziki and try to find a nicer one with small seeds.
- Chop your dill.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- For the dressing just whisk and then dress the salad evenly coating the lettuce leaves.
- Add more dressing if desired.
Join The Conversation
Great salad! I didn't have fresh so I used dried dill. I also used a little more olive oil. I wanted it to be a main dish, so I added a can of tuna and some black olives. My husband really liked how fresh it tasted, but we both thought it could use a little vinegar so next time I'll use half lemon juice, half vinegar.