Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Walnut Tart
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll pie dough to fit a 9-inch loose-bottomed quiche pan. Line pan with pastry; prick base with fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Fit a piece of foil into the the pie pan and fill with dried beans or rice. Blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until crust is a light golden brown.
- Place asparagus on a plate; sprinkle with water. Cover loosely with microwavable plastic wrap. Cook on HIGH power for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet and saute the onion until soft. Pour the onions, walnuts and asparagus into the prepared pie crust.
- Place cheese, eggs, milk, vinegar, salt pepperinto your blender. Process until smooth. Pour this mixture over the asparagus in the pie pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese filling is just set (Don't overbake, you want the filling to be moist and tender).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>We own a small ranch located in Napa, California. We used to be considered odd because we grew most of our food and lived frugally. Now we are viewed as trendy- go figure!</p> <p>Anyway, we raise chickens for meat and eggs, have tons of fruits and vegetables and do it all without using pesticides or chemicals.</p> <p>We also cook almost everything we eat from scratch. It takes a lot longer, but ours is the house that everyone wants an invitation to dinner at.</p>