Butter Lettuce and Herb Salad
This salad can be made in advance to save time by assembling the greens and making the vinaigrette. Refrigerate them separately for up to several hours and combine just before serving. Adapted from a website that specializes in making life simpler.
- Ready In:
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 3 heads butter lettuce or 3 heads boston lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, torn into pieces
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pecorino romano cheese, shaved (optional)
- In a large bowl add the fennel, lettuce, tarragon and scallion. Set aside.
- Add lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and whisk together.
- While whisking constantly, slowly add the oil. When well combined pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Top with the Pecorino if desired and serve immediately.