Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup will warm you up and fill you up!! The beans, potatoes, and chicken are seasoned with southwest flavors that are sure to please. The sky is the limit for including vegetables. Summer squashes, corn, green beans, or anything else that you can get out of your garden or farmers' market! Just be sure to add more liquids to maintain the soup consistency that you desire.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chicken grill seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained (or equal amount pre-cooked chicken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Place large stock or soup pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Saute celery, potatoes, and carrots for 3 minutes, adding seasonings about halfway through.
- Add beans, broth, water, and tomatoes. Stir.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer over low heat for up to an hour, though the potatoes will be done as early as 30 minutes in, depending on their size.
- Serve piping hot, sprinkling cheese over top if desired.