Recipe by MarieRynr
The term "salad" has multiple meanings on the southern table. It can be what it is to most other Americans, an assortment of leafy and low-cal vegetables, or it can be a gelatin concoction loaded with fruits, nuts, sour cream and or coconuts shreds. This blueberry salad has a color and sweetness that make it a wonderful thing to serve on special occasions.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) package blueberry gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) package blackberry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can blueberries, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water.
- When thoroughly dissolved, stir in the pineapple juice.
- Chill until it is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Stir in the pineapple and blueberries.
- Pour into two 10 X 6 X 1-3/4 inch pans and chill until firm.
- Unmold onto serving platter.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, sugar and cream cheese.
- Mix until smooth and well blended.
- Spread over the salad and top with pecans.