Recipe by Dawn
A Southern classic that is delicious and easy to make. The sauce is a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce that cooks with the meat, flavoring both the sauce and meat. My family loves this dish! Thanks BarbiAnn!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 lb sirloin, cut into cubes or cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in butter, when onions are tender add meat and cook until browned.
- Mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and catsup.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.