1/2 Photos of Sour Cream Zucchini Bread
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is an extremely good and rich bread, absoutely yummy fresh from the oven but it is great chilled from the refrigerator or heated with melted butter. It can be frozen too. I make mini loaves to give as great gifts! Adapted from Mike Dolan who posted it on recipelinks and I changed it to make it my own. It would even be good with chocolate chips added! :) Makes 2 regular loaves or 4 mini loaves. Enjoy! To make the bread even healthier, try substituting 1/2 of the oil with applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour, sifted (try 2 cups white flour, 1 cup whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup oil (a neutral oil, I use corn or soy oil-or use 1/2 oil, 1/2 applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded, squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1 cup nuts (or raisins-good with both!)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease and flour well 2 bread loaf pans. I like to use 4 mini loaf pans for gifts.
- 3Sift together the flour(s), wheat germ if using, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- 4In a separate bowl combine the eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, and oil.
- 5Add the dry ingredients slowly to the egg mixture.
- 6When thoroughly mixed, add the sour cream and vanilla.
- 7Finally, mix in the shredded zucchini, nuts and/or raisins.
- 8Pour the mixture into the two loaf pans (or mini pans).
- 9Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 10If baking mini loaves, adjust time to about 50 to 60 minutes.
- 11Use a toothpick placed in the center of the loaf to see if the loaves are done. The toothpick should be clean or just have a few crumbs on it.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3075.2
- Calories from Fat 1437
- Total Fat 159.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 299.1 mg
- Sodium 2488.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 378.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 214.0 g
- Protein 44.3 g