Rosie's Traditional Irish Soda Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 9 inch bread
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds (optional but I always use them)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and stir in sour cream.
- Add the egg and sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Add the raisins and caraway seeds and stir well with wooden spoon or knead in with your hands.
- Place batter in a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Dust the top with enough flour so that you can pat the batter like a bread dough evenly in the pan without it sticking to your hands.
- With a knife make a shallow crisscross on the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a preheated 350ºF oven.
Join The Conversation