Zucchini Baked in Sour Cream
photo by NorthwestGal
- Ready In:
- 6 small zucchini, cut iinto 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the zucchini in a small amount of boiling water in a large saucepan for 6 minutes or until tender; drain well. Place the zucchini in a 1 1/2 quart greased casserole; set aside.
- Combine the cheddar cheese, sour cream, butter, and salt in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until the cheese melts, stirring constantly. Pour the cheese sauce over the reserved zucchini.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very, very easy and tasty side dish to make. The best part was that I had everything on hand. It couldn't be any simpler to make with those few ingredients. It was a nice side our our pork tenderloin the other night. I can't think of anything I would change on this (except maybe a dash of pepper for good measure). Thank you for posting your recipe. It is saved. (Made for PRMR)
see 1 more reviews