Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer"
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix together and stir in cornmeal.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, sour cream and oil.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into an 8 inch square pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- If making into muffins, bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool, wrap tightly and freeze for a later time.
I made this recipe into muffins. Very moist and delicious!! Will for sure make these again!
Wow. The best and most moist cornbread we've had in a long time here. I used a white/wheat flour combo and found, as I was using up the last of my sour cream, that I didn't have the amount needed. So I got creative and used plain yogurt for the rest. Both of those products were fat free. The batter was a little stiffer than I am used to, but it rose up nice and fluffy and was just delicious with some red beans and rice tonight. Thanks Jill. This was great!