The Best Cornbread Ever (Sour Cream Cornbread)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the best cornbread I have ever had. Ever. No exceptions. As written, the recipe makes two pans...so you might want to halve it if you have a smaller family.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sucanat or 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat milk or 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, 2 at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Whisk in sour cream and milk.
- Add dry ingredients and beat just until blended.
- Let batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Spoon into 2 sprayed 9-inch pans (either round or square) and bake at 425 for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes, then turn onto a rack and slice, and serve hot with butter and honey!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 17 more