My sister gave me this recipe soon after I brought home my bread machine. It's a staple in our house. Soft and fluffy and great for sandwiches or just to eat fresh out of the oven! UPDATE 3/25/2005 - I made this using the dough cycle of my bread maker today but baked it in the oven and it turned out perfectly! I baked it at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine.
- Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast.
- Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.
- You can also use the dough cycle of your bread maker and then place in a greased loaf pan; punch down and let rise again and then bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until done.