Recipe by Dine & Dish
My sister gave me this recipe soon after I brought home my bread machine. It's a staple in our house. Soft and fluffy and great for sandwiches or just to eat fresh out of the oven! UPDATE 3/25/2005 - I made this using the dough cycle of my bread maker today but baked it in the oven and it turned out perfectly! I baked it at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
Top Review by Silent Rain
I have noticed on a few recipes that people have said the addition of oil to their recipes has left them with an "off" taste. Please as with an other ingredient make sure that you are not using old oil. Oil will turn rancid under certain conditions or with time. Hope this helps. I will be trying the recipe soon. It sounds wonderful :)
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine.
- Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast.
- Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.
- You can also use the dough cycle of your bread maker and then place in a greased loaf pan; punch down and let rise again and then bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until done.